"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, October 12, 2009

Need your ideas!!!!

Ok all you CrEaTiVe ladies!!! I need your ideas. My walls are EMPTY and we have family coming for Thanksgiving. So although I won't get everything painted like I'd like to, I'd at least like to have evidence of a loving family living here. Here is what I am need of:

~ I have two bathrooms and a laundry room painted (almost) and ready for things to hang on the wall. Any good wall quotes fit for a bathroom and laundry. (Vinyl lettering...I am sooo seriously behind the Utah trend. I've lived in Utah for 5 years now and haven't gotten to use any yet.)

~ Also, do you have a color of paint in your house that you absolutely love and wouldn't mind me coming to take a peek? I need ideas without buying every paint sample in the store and making a swatch on my wall.

~I am also loving turning old things into new. If you have and old furniture that you are just trying to get to D.I. then let me know.

~ Do you have a stash of half used gallons of paint that you don't know what to do with or how to dispose of? I'd be happy to take them off your hands for you.


And finally, if you have anything creative that you think I could re-create using my own supplies, let me know so I can come take a peek (and possibly a picture).

Thanks Ladies. After I get things looking like we didn't still just unpack, then I promise I'll host a Girls Night "In" sometime and have you all over for yummy fondu or something.

6 comments:

Stacy said...

I have like 16 gallons of paint if you want to come look. You can;t take them but you can sample them if you want. Never know when someone will color on the wall and I will have to touch up. I am on the same grove as you. Trying to make it look homey after two years so I can't wait to see what you figure out. I think curtains always help. We should go to Erin's my friend who has your same house. I love her house it is so welcoming. I bet sometimes she wishes I would leave!!! I need a trip to IKEA one day if you are up for it.

Todd said...

Yes, I need a trip to IKEA. But I need money in my wallet first. My bday is in November so maybe I can coax a little from my parent's wallet :) ANd if your friend won't mind, then get our foot in the door!

Stacy said...

Ok creepy posting with Todd's name! No Todd I will not go on a date with you. Ok really Erin would be totally cool with it anytime.

Jacque said...

Ha ha, that is funny. I looked at that and wondered what Todd was doing leaving a comment...and then I realized it was me just only under his name. Thanks for making it clear that you don't want to date muyhubby though.

Melissa said...

I have some paint you can see if you like. I'm not not the vinyl lettering, even though I like it. I don't know if i have any other good ideas, but I'll think about it let you know.

Liz H said...

I want to go to Erin's house too. I need ideas and help. I'm crafty and space disabled.