"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, August 7, 2009

Still Meeting?

I was wondering if the neighborhood book club was still meeting? If so I have a wonderful recommendation. If you are not still meeting, but would love a good book to read anyway, try "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. I just finished it yesterday-its not a very long book- and I would definitely put it into my top five favorite books of all time. So witty and charming. (Not words i normally use, but read the book -witty and charming are the perfect adjectives.) So does anyone else out there have any suggestions for good reading? I am always looking for new and fun books to read.

1 comment:

Tanada said...

There is a short work of Jane Austin's that I just finished called "Lady Susan", very funny and well written I enjoyed it immensely. I'm old fashioned and I just loved reading "Ivanhoe" this summer and I'm now trying Chaucer. Not very modern, I know, but I like old and dusty literature (I know I must have a screw loose).