"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, December 15, 2008

I know I'm a little late on the uptake, but I wanted to know what everyone's "Christmas Countdown" or Other Christmas Traditions were. I hear of the cutest ideas and thought about maybe incorporating some for next year! So share, share, share!!! I know we have TONS of creativity out there!

Here' what we do. It's from when I was a little girl. It's our "punch" calendar. Every night the boys take turns "punching" (very softly) out one of the numbers and then they get the treat that's inside. And for the 24th we always have treats plus a note to open one present which is of course Jammies!



2 comments:

Tanada said...

That is such a cute idea Sharida, next year I may make that. We usually do a little chocolate calendar that they sell at the Dicks in Bountiful. My parents or Dan's mom likes buying it for Hannah, but as the kids get older I don't think they will keep buying them for her. We open jammies on Christmas eve too. I need to start some other new traditions though.

Melissa said...

We have 2 advent calendars. One Is a santa Clause by a tree and we put up one ornament every day. The other is a magnet nativity with something to put up every day of December. With the nativity we also ready a christmas story before we put it up. I think my kids are too young to enjoy the story, sometimes i'm reading to myself, but I still like it!