"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Freecycle...just do it!

So, I'm probably over staying my welcome, but more to say.
I don't know if you've heard of "Freecycle.org" but if not, I hope you'll take a look. The idea is to give things away that may still have a little more "treasure" left in it for someone else to use, rather than taking it to the dump. Things such as building materials, landscaping, baby clothes, toys...really anything!
The reason I bring this up is because when living in SLC, the group was huge and so there were always tons of things being posted. Here in Davis County...not so much. There are maybe a few posts each day. So I thought if I advertised and let the grapevine get it out there, it may build up here.
Some great finds that I've benefited from are: baby swing (still in box), 17 boxes of unopened/ unexpired baby rice and oatmeal cereal, plants and a box of toys. It's been great.
So go ahead and freecycle it!

1 comment:

Kylee said...

I signed up on Freecycle about 2 weeks ago. We are looking for a swing set. So if you are ever browsing and you come across one, let me know!