"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Possible facebook hacker!

Ok I am officially scared.

This morning I received a message on facebook entitled "Look at this!" I followed a link and stupidly entered my password into a login looking thing. After I did that I started getting messages from friends on facebook that were responding to a mass message my account sent. I got a little weirded out and then looked at someones profile where they said the same thing happened to them and they thought it was a hacker.

If there is a chance my account was hacked I didn't want anyone to have access to pics of my kids and my friends. I got rid of my account just to make sure. I can't take any chances when it comes to the safety of my kids. Please let all of your friends on facebook know about this problem.

DO NOT open any messages entitled "Look at this!" or follow any links called fbstarter.com and absolutely do not enter your password to your account into the supposed login it sends you to.

I am so sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused any of my friends. Believe me it was unintentional and caused by a lack of my usual caution. Thanks and let your friends know so that nobody else has to cancel their accounts!

Tana Horton

2 comments:

Sharida said...

If you receive one of these emails,(like I did as well) you don't have to delete your whole account. Just go into settings and change your password. They will no longer have access to your account without the right password. Billy said to also run a virus scan to make sure it didn't plant any viruses on your pc. I've had 2 friends so far who's accounts have sent out these mass emails, so even if it's from someone you know just be cautious before inputting ANY personal information, sign on's passwords, etc.

Tanada said...

I know it doesn't sound like it but I am generally super cautious about emails and things like that. I just slipped up once and paid for it. I'm sticking with overly cautious from now on.