"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Easy, cheap, tasty meal

So I am not the best cook in the world but I absolutely could not live without the following recipe. My Italian friend gave it to me so I named it after her.

AnnMarie Pasta:

1bag large Shell pasta
1 can peas
1 tall jar of spaghetti sauce
1 to 2 cloves garlic minced
2Tbs Olive oil

While the pasta is cooking put the olive oil and garlic in separate sauce pan. Cook for a minute or so. Then add the sauce and the peas (without draining water) to the olive oil and garlic. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer twenty minutes or so. When the pasta is done drain and then add sauce to the pasta. Serve and enjoy.

The peas will naturally go inside the shells for a great tasting bite. This dish is also excellent as leftovers, almost better than when originally served.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooooo I like that!! It so easy and sounds YUMMY!!!