"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hello?

I wanted to tell everyone if you call me and I ignore you I am not really ignoring you. I have now totally lost my voice and you would not hear anything I said. I try to yell but nothing comes out and it hurts. Bit of one of those scenes in movies where she falls being chased and it is all over for her. Well, that happened to my voice. So don't think I hate you or am dead or anything. Just not on speaking terms with myself.

5 comments:

MissMeliss{a} said...

Poor baby! Your voice will truly be missed!

April said...

So sorry stacy. I had the same thing happen. My kids didn't listen to me at all and I couldn't yell to get their attention. That was so frustrating. Hope it comes back faster than mine...but plan on a week of not being able to get after your kids!

Stacy said...

A week??? Did you feel gross that whole time or you just did not have a voice?

April said...

I felt run down and just kind of blah for a few days and then got the nasty phlemy cough. Hope you don't. I still have it. Just not so bad. After my voice sounded almost normal I still couldn't yell for a couple of days :-) Good luck! Liz told me her voice was gone for 2 weeks!

Oh, my daughters pediatrician gave me some natural cough syrup for her that's for, of course, coughing but also dry, scrathy throats and hoarseness. I would have tried it if I would have known about it before my voice came back (because absolutely nothing else helped). You are welcome to try some if you want. It's in individual packets. Just let me know. It's not Rx either. You can buy it from the store. He said he's been tested and works better than the regular cough syrup. (It has a dose for 12 & Up don't worry)

Anonymous said...

Oh stacy poo....I hope you get feeling better soon! :(